How do we collect information from you?
- You can provide your personal data if you wish. We only collect personal data that you want to provide to us or that is needed to provide the service you have requested.
- Personal information is defined slightly differently across the world. To guarantee your privacy and the protection of your information, we define it as any information that could be used to identify you or another individual.
- We collect personal information about you in many ways. In this section, we explain the different ways we collect personal information about you and the ways in which that information will be used.
Information you share with us
We collect personal information that you share with us when you:
- visit our websites
- contact us
- subscribe to our newsletter
- apply for a role through our websites
- apply for a role through an external recruiter
- apply for a role through social media
Through these interactions you may share with us:
- your name
- your position
- your address
- your email address
- your contact number
- your language
- your gender
- your marital status
- salary, annual leave, pension and benefits information
- copies of right to work documentation including your insurance number, passport, work permit, visa
- employment references from your current or former employers
- your employment history and responses to questions about your employment history
- other information included in a CV, application form, cover letter, or as part of the application process and interactions with us
We may also ask for additional information to assist us with our recruitment process and in the event, you are offered a job.
We may also collect, store, and use the following sensitive information:
- information about your health including medical conditions, health and sickness records
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you.
Information we collect from other sources
We collect some personal information about you from other sources, namely, previous employer(s), your references, recruitment agencies and from providers of services that allow us to verify the details that you provide to us. We collect as little personal information as possible during the recruitment processes; if you are successful, then we will undertake more detailed pre-employment screening and vetting.
You may use social media to discover a career opportunity or contact us about a career at Lightbulb Crew. We also use social media (such as LinkedIn), job boards and online sites to find and contact potential candidates for roles at Lightbulb Crew (thereby collecting some personal information about potential candidates from those sites).
If you use social media (such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn) and make your profile(s) visible to the public, we may review your social media profile(s). We do this primarily (though not exclusively) where it is relevant to the role for which you are applying.
Social media sites, job boards and similar online sites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these sites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
Information from your online interactions
Some cookies that we use collect and store limited personal information and anonymous, aggregate statistics from all visitors to our websites, whether you actively provide us with that information or merely browse our websites.
The information we collect includes the internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using, the browser software you use, your operating system, the date and time of access, the internet address of the website from which you link through to our website and information on how you use our websites.
We use this information so that we can see how long our websites take to load, how they are used, the number of visitors to the different sections of our websites, and what information visitors look at most. It also helps identify any part of our website that isn’t working as well as it should – so we can fix things and make our website better for you and other users.
For further information, including on the types of cookies that we use and how to manage cookies placed on our websites, please refer to our cookies policy at http://www.curve-digital.com/cookie-policy
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- to facilitate any application you make to Lightbulb Crew,
- to respond to your queries and requests,
- to communicate with you,
- to carry out administration tasks within Lightbulb Crew,
- to carry out vetting of staff members,
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights,
- to comply with our legal, regulatory and professional obligations,
- otherwise for the lawful operation of our business.
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Our use of your personal information is based on your consent. This basis will be used when you submit your CV to us for job opportunities.
- Our use of your personal information is necessary prior to entering into a contract with you (that is prior to offering you a role at Lightbulb Crew).
- Our use of your personal information is necessary for complying with our legal obligations. This basis might be for sending information to tax authorities, establishing your right to work and in some instances to protect health and safety and prevent discrimination.
- Our use of your personal information is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as:
- to perform, test the performance of, our services and internal processes
- for analysis and developing statistics,
- contact you about your query through our websites,
- follow up with you about potential job opportunities.
Sensitive personal data
- in limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent
- where we need to carry out our legal obligations or exercise specific rights in the field of employment and in line with our Data Protection Policy
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity
If we have asked for your consent to collect and handle certain types of personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
How we protect your personal data?
We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your consent.
We are committed to taking all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access. We do this by having in place a range of appropriate technical and organisational measures. These include measures to deal with any suspected data breach.
Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Who has access to the information you provide us?
We will also share your personal data with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you, where we have another legitimate interest in doing so or where we have your explicit consent.
Where necessary we may pass your details to third parties. These third parties include:
- our legal/financial/HR and other advisers
- parties providing products and/or services to us
- professional and regulatory authorities (including HMRC) and any governmental organisations
How long we store your personal information
We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed. The length of time for which we retain personal information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Subject to applicable law, you may have some or all the following rights available to you in respect of your personal data:
Right to object: If we are using your data because we deem it necessary for our legitimate interests to do so, and you do not agree, you have the right to object. We will respond to your request within 30 days (although we may be allowed to extend this period in certain cases). Generally, we will only disagree with you if certain limited conditions apply.
Right to withdraw consent: Where we have obtained your consent to process your personal data for certain activities, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Subject Access Request (SAR): You have the right to ask us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time, and you may ask us to modify, update or delete such information. At this point we may comply with your request and do one of the following:
- we may ask you to verify your identity, or ask for more information about your request; and
- where we are legally permitted to do so, we may decline your request, but we will explain why if we do so.
Right to erasure: In limited circumstances, such as whereas your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed. We will respond to your request within 30 days (although we may be allowed to extend this period in certain cases) and will only disagree with you if certain limited conditions apply. If we do agree to your request, we will delete your data.
Right of data portability: If you wish, you have the right to transfer your data from us to another data controller. We will help with this – either by directly transferring your data for you, or by providing you with a copy in a commonly used machine-readable format.
Right to restrict processing of your personal data under certain circumstances: You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances.
In addition to the above rights, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your situation, at any time to any processing of your personal data for which we have justified on the basis of a legitimate interest, including profiling (as opposed to your consent) or to perform a contract with you. You also have the right to object at any time to any processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for marketing purposes.
If you have any queries or complaints about our collection, use or storage of your personal information, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact email@example.com. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any such complaint or dispute regarding the use or disclosure of your personal information.
In accordance with Article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation, you may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, or the data protection regulator in the country where you usually live or work, or where an alleged infringement of the General Data Protection Regulation has taken place. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through the courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
How to contact us?
Please address any questions, comments and requests about your data to firstname.lastname@example.org.