Lightbulb Crew is seeking an art director or lead 2D artist and creative force to drive the graphical creative work on Games of Glory and new projects. The art director will work closely together with the lead game designer to develop and maintain the art direction, assure the graphical quality of our games, including UIs, characters and environments. Our talented artists will look to you to help them develop in their roles and as artists. You will also be an important part of the production of all kinds of graphical assets.
- Ability to define and communicate an artistic direction
- Great artistic ability (character design, environments, UI, and FX)
- Experience as lead artist or art director in the video game industry, PC/ Console preferred
- Ability to give feedback and direction and communicate modifications necessary to the art team
- Photoshop mastery
- Experience with 3D tools a plus
- Agile/scrum methodology experience
Required personal qualities
- Feeling for game design and the impact of Art direction on a successful game (UI, FX, Characters and Environments)
- Independent worker, strong drive and rigor of work
- Able to make decisions
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to function in crossfunctional teams (with both game designers, artists and programmers)
Please apply with a minimum of CV and Cover Letter, along with references and work samples where relevant.